Pests, predators, parasites and infiltrators are as quick as their hosts and prey to adapt appearance to purposes. The butterfly caterpillars in the photo are adapted to prey on passionfruit, and their dimensions and coloration mimic passion fruit tendrils. This works among humans as well. Spies, undercover agents, con artists, snipers and even journalists resort to cross-dressing and disguises to facilitate their purposes.
Laws against trade and production engender black markets. When the Libertarian Party was first being established, prohibition agents had for years been cross-dressing as acidheads to infiltrate the hippie community for confiscation, arrests and asset forfeiture seizures. These seizures have since 1920 caused liquidity crises, fractional-reserve banking panics, recessions and depressions. Burglars and bank robbers wear masks for the exact same purposes, but with differing voter approval. What better camouflage for men attracted to young boys than a priest’s robe? And how for over a century have fascist and anarcho-communist fifth columnists infiltrated political parties to alter their platforms and influence choice of candidates? Subtly. This is ordinary newspaper material, no exotic imaginings.(link)
Smuggling Communist Manifesto plank 2 into the 16th Amendment of the Constitution was accomplished through camouflage and misdirection. Instead of a communist party openly declaring its intent, post-Reconstruction Granger movements were infiltrated and exploited by a soi-disant Greenback Party whose 1880 platform demanded the exact same income tax as the communists, and won. They did not get their candidate elected. That was never their goal. With less than 3% of the vote on average they got the enslaving tentacle of collectivist coercion wrapped around the Constitution to protect the illegal capitation tax from the Supreme Court meddling that repealed such a tax during the Depression of 1895. By their lights, THAT was winning.(link)
The Libertarian Party is the only ideological enemy of totalitarian collectivist imperialism. Communist dictators control trillions of dollars, and repressive, mixed-economy autocracies (including our own Kleptocracy-dominated government) control additional trillions. Americans are but 5% of the world population; the other 95% favor even more coercion than our own entrenched looter parties. Only 55% of voting age Americans bother to vote, and The Kleptocracy has for years been losing adherents.
Foreign autocracies and native bureaucracies can afford to back whack-job activists unable to infiltrate competent looter parties, and to groom their own infiltrators, make selective donations, talk their way onto the platform committee or inveigle us into backing dead-end candidates. And they would be fools not to, for it is the cheapest method of obstruction out there.
We should certainly expect no less. The federal government doesn’t. Federal employees piss into sample cups and have their hair clipped over plant leaves. Federal employees too libertarian to submit to such indignities were fired back in 1987. Notices to that effect coincided with a major stock market crash as Biden and Reagan-Bush pushed mandatory minimums and asset forfeiture laws through Congress, amid grandstanding demands for death sentence execution of prohibition violators. The Kleptocracy uses security clearances for all sorts of reasons.
More: Prohibition and The Crash is live on Amazon Kindle for the cost of a chilly pint of craft beer.